Going viral for AIDS
Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to keep silent. And yet, people with HIV are often unable to talk about their status because they risk rejection by their friends, families, employers and communities. Thatís a heavy load to bear at the best of times, never mind when youíre sick. Itís time to respond differently to people who are living with HIV and AIDS. Itís time to speak up! In ten easy steps, hereís how you run the campaign:
- Download our Campaign Kit and read all about it.
- Contact us to tell us that you want to be involved and with your commitment, we will send you some goodies to help you with the campaign.
- Get your friends and family to donate for you to be silent.
- On the day you decide to run the campaign, prepare your chosen method of tagging yourselves and then... no talking, no texting, no emailing, no signing (unless you see someone in imminent danger.)
- Go Viral and tag two others Ė they put on their shirts and go silent. They tag two others who put on their shirts and go silent and so on...
- At the end of the day, meet in your school gym/classroom/local park/church Ė wherever works.
- Flip on your phone camera. Take a video. Everyone shouts as loud as possible.
- Post your video to us.
- Have a party and talk/text/email/sign your hearts out.
- Send your donations in and feel good Ė youíve made a difference for people living with HIV and AIDS.∑